The following reports have been taken from the Air Accident Investigation Unit (AAIU) Website, click on the photo to view the full official report on the AAIU web site. Where the is no photograph the report can be accessed by clicking on the icon. The extracts below only contain the AAIU synopsis to each incident / accident
Records 481 to 490 of 500

EI-TKI, Robinson R22 Beta, Private

Incident/Accident Date: 1997-08-01

Report No: 1999-007 , Published: 1999-05-31

Image by: N/A

As the aircraft approached its home base, it crossed Lough Gill, a large lake. The pilot then descended to the hover over a large field to the rear of his landing area. In the hover he performed final pre-landing checks. The pilot stated that at this time the main tank was indicating slightly under ? and the low fuel contents warning light was not illuminated. He then proceeded to hover-taxy the aircraft over a fence into his landing area. As he passed over the fence, he became aware of a significant loss of power, and the low rotor speed alarm activated. He flew the aircraft sideways to clear the fence and landed heavily. At touch-down the engine was already stopped. The undercarriage cross tubes were distorted as a result of the heavy landing. The pilot reported that the approximate time of landing was 15:50 hrs. The pilot and his daughter exited the aircraft unhurt.

G-TNTL, BAe 146-300, Air Foyle

Incident/Accident Date: 1999-01-12

Report No: 1999-006 , Published: 1999-05-28

Image by: Anders Presterud

The aircraft had been positioned at Stand 67 at Dublin Airport. The dolly struck the left hand undercarriage door and some damage was also evident to the lower part of the LH undercarriage body housing. The force of the impact was felt by the captain who was in the cockpit at the time of impact. He declared the aircraft unserviceable

G-AWKP, Jodel DR25, Private

Incident/Accident Date: 1998-06-08

Report No: 1999-005, Published: 1999-05-21

Image by: N/A

The aircraft departed Little Gransden in the to Waterford Airport in Ireland. The weather en route deteriorated, The pilot failed to establish on the ILS at his destination in Waterford Airport. During go around, the pilot became visual and elected to land in a suitable field, as he considered he had insufficient fuel for additional approaches. The pilot landed the aircraft in a small and steeply uphill field. The aircraft came to a stop in a mud heap just short of some farm out-buildings. There was no fire. All three occupants were uninjured.

EI-BXC, Boeing 737-448, Aer Lingus

Incident/Accident Date: 1998-06-06

Report No: 1999-004, Published: 1999-04-02

Image by: Mark Dwyter

During the landing roll, in poor weather, a mechanical digger was observed by the crew to exit the runway on the right hand side approximately 250 feet in front of the aircraft. A van which was parked on the right hand side of the runway did not exit

G-BUTC, Cyclone AX3, Private

Incident/Accident Date: 1998-05-16

Report No: 1999-003, Published: 1999-03-24

Image by: N/A

After a flight of one hours duration, and at about 800 feet while lining up with the runway to land, the aircraft went into an uncommanded left spiral dive from which the pilot recovered. He climbed back to 1,000 feet and, on reducing power, the aircraft again went into a left spiral dive from which he recovered. At this stage he had moved somewhat southwards away from his original intended landing area and, as he reduced power again the aircraft spiralled to the left and landed heavily in a nose down attitude in a field of barley.

EI-TLL, Airbus A300B4-203, TransAer

Incident/Accident Date: 1997-07-17

Report No: 1999-002 , Published: 1999-03-15

Image by: Pedro Arag

Approximately 90 minutes after an apparently normal take off from Faro Airport, Portugal, the Captain of EI-TLL was informed that a piece of landing gear bogie, identified as a brake unit anti-rotation bar from his aircraft, had been found on the runway at Faro. The flight was continued to Manchester where, following a 'fly-by' of the Control Tower it was reported that the landing gears appeared to be intact, although during the flight the crew noted that there had been some loss of yellow system hydraulic contents and No 6 brake anti-skid 'Release' light had not illuminated upon landing gear extension.

G-ILTS, Piper PA 32, Private

Incident/Accident Date: 1996-11-12

Report No: 1999-001, Published: 1999-01-30

Image by: N/A

During take-off from a grass airstrip near Gorey, Co Wexford, the aircraft did not become airborne until near the end of the runway, where it struck a barbed wire boundary fence, breaking two wooden poles in the process. The aircraft continued to fly with a high nose-up attitude for a further 300 metres before the pilot elected to carry out an emergency landing in an adjacent field. The field, which was cultivated and planted with small saplings, had furrows running at right angles to the direction of flight. After an initial heavy impact into the field, the main undercarriage was torn off and substantial damage was caused to the underside of the aircraft, before it finally came to rest. All five persons onboard the aircraft evacuated without injury. Time of impact was 0947 hours approximately. There was no fire.

No Reg., Model Aircraft, Private

Incident/Accident Date: 1996-12-07

Report No: 1998-017, Published: 1998-12-20

Image by: N/A

The model was flying circuits at a registered aeromodel site in the Phoenix Park in Dublin. After a take-off, which followed a normal circuit, command of the model was lost. The model then flew off in a North-east direction. When its fuel was exhausted, the model glided to earth, and landed on the new link taxi-way near the threshold of Runway 28 at Dublin Airport. The report finds that the probable cause of the loss of command was the exhaustion of the receiver battery.

EI-BYJ, Bell 206B, Celtic Helicopters

Incident/Accident Date: 1997-11-10

Report No: 1998-016, Published: 1998-11-26

Image by: Jon Devins

On 10th. November 1997, the pilot, having completed a commercial flight earlier that morning, was requested by a member of the operators maintenance staff to carry out a local test flight on EI-BYJ, to confirm that the maximum and minimum autorotation RPM was set correctly, among other requirements. The pilot stated that he entered an autorotation at 2,000 ft to observe rotor RPM by lowering the collective lever and closing the throttle to idle. He observed the NR (Rotor RPM) rising sharply towards 107% (maximum RPM Rotor) and applied collective pitch to stop this rise. While descending at 60 mph IAS he observed a sharp reduction in the NR, followed by the Rotor Low RPM warning cautions (audio and light), as the NR decayed towards 80% (minimum is 90% Rotor RPM). He estimated that the time from applying collective to the sharp reduction in NR was 2 -3 seconds.The pilot commented that he believed the incident occurred due to an over-application of collective pitch and was accentuated by the aircraft being close to MAUW (Maximum All Up Weight).

G-CLYV, Robinson R22 Beta, Private

Incident/Accident Date: 1996-08-14

Report No: 1998-015, Published: 1998-11-12

Image by: N/A

Aircraft suffered power failure and landed in 3 metres of sea water.
Records 481 to 490 of 500